Holiday

Some quick info to keep you up to date with my travels. I'll try to update this as often as i can.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

New York and New Haven

Well, i guess it had to be photographed. The statue of liberty actually looked smaller than what I was expecting. If you look closely at the back of the Coast guard boat in the foreground you may see something interesting.

The next day was looking further uptown and going through Central park. As you can see in the photo they had ice skating there which they produced themselves and also in town at the Rockefeller Centre. I guess it's cold enough to effectively freeze the water.


It's hard to tell you're in the middle of a major metropolitan area with sky scrapers surrounding you while you're walking in the park, and the park is huge. 2 hours walking halfway up the park and back, if you take all the side paths then it could easily turn into a whole days walk.




Went to a Yale ice hockey game which is held about a 20 second walk down the road from my brothers apartment. $3 for a ticket so was worth going to check out. Was well worth the money too, very awesome game. Lots of supporters turned up, from Yale and also from the community, even got a small cheerleading squad (I think alcohol was kepping them warm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home